Brackenridge Country Retreat & Spa is located on 14 acres of beautiful rural Wairarapa countryside. The idyllic setting means not only are guests lulled into the sense of peace and tranquility that is Brackenridge, they also have the perfect base to experience the Wairarapa. Our purpose built conference centre brings people and families together for celebrations, meetings and events. Generous outdoor spaces provide a blank canvas for our guests to fulfil their vision.
Our Conference & Banquets department has been restructured and we are now seeking a Wedding & Events Co-ordinator to join the team.
Reporting to the Conference & Banquets Manager, you’ll be super organised, great with people and able to take a guest idea and translate that into a magical event. You’ll need great administration and computer skills. Social media is a big part of the job, so someone who is either terrific already at Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest or atleast keen to learn is what we need.
This role is the first point of contact for our Wedding and Events guests, therefore customer service skills and good personal presentation are essential as are solid administration skills and sound decision making. You’ll need to work weekends to see your guest’s big day through to completion with the support of our Functions team.
Brackenridge rewards staff with a generous hourly rate a friendly work environment.
TO APPLY: Email email@example.com with “Job Application – Wedding & Events Co-ordinator” in the subject line.
Job Description – WEDDINGS & EVENT CO-ORDINATOR
Reports To: Events Manager – Leeann O’Neill
Function of role: Ensure budget wedding and social events numbers are met or exceeded and that every occasion meets or exceeds the client’s expectation.
DAYS/HOURS OF WORK: Available Friday/Saturday and Sunday with rostered weekends off dependant on weddings/functions. Other hours as required for administration related tasks. Up to 20 hours per week.
- Prepare annual draft budget (including marketing plans that take into account competitor activity), with functional support from Accounts Manager, and achieve or exceed approved budget.
- Monitor performance and report monthly, including against agreed KPIs.
- Respond promptly to any wedding enquires with an electronic wedding pack.
- Meet and greet potential wedding clients and negotiate bookings.
- Follow-up successful bookings answering any queries and providing required information to the bridal party prior to the wedding day.
- Maintain spreadsheet of all wedding activity – meetings, bookings, non bookings, reasons and watch for trends, ensure stringent follow up procedure in place.
- Attend, as required, on the wedding /function day to ensure no glitches, and bridal/funciton party fully briefed, and hand over to Functions manager or Duty Manager complete
- Maximise use of social media for wedding feedback.
- Market weddings through Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, twitter
- Work with General Manager on social media marketing strategies, and overall brand recognition
- Work with brides and photographers to gather a library of photos we can use in all marketing print and online/social media (gain signed permissions)
- Update website relevant pages and work on collaterals with General Manager approval
- Book/hold weddings in Callista booking system (including wedding guest accommodation)
- Send out wedding confirmation letters, invoice and raise final wedding invoice
- Send updates to brides to ensure to see how they are getting on and if they need anything
- Work with Spa Manager to book bridal make ups/spa treatments
Functions: Arrange social events and functions with clients – wedding anniversaries, funerals, birthdays and after wedding brunches for offsite weddings
Authorised by: Sharon Garrett, Acting General Manager